Via a request for proposal (RFP) process, we cultivate specific projects and partner with organizations whose efforts are aligned with our program priorities and the requirements of the RFP. This proactive approach helps us maximize effectiveness and impact.
The Foundation does not encourage unsolicited proposals for funding within an area of focus where there is an existing RFP in process.
Please note that all grantseeking organizations must meet the following minimum criteria in order to be considered for a grant from The TK Foundation:
- Must be a registered non-profit organization
- Must be seeking funding within our priority areas of Youth Development or Maritime
- Must serve the community without discrimination on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation
- Must keep records and documents available for regular independent audits
- Must comply with applicable laws regarding registration and reporting
- Youth Development projects must be in a geographical area of interest for the foundation: North America, Latin America/Caribbean, South Africa, or Europe
Additional requirements may apply to specific grant opportunities — please refer to the RFP documentation for each of our current grants to learn more.
Resources & Links
The following resources & links may prove helpful to grantseekers and other nonprofit organizations: